Sunday, August 26, 2012

Do you want a T-Shirt Quilt?

If you do gather your t-shirts and give me a call or shoot me an e-mail (joyleighlane@gmail.com).  I can help you pick out the fabric for the sashing (the strips of fabric that divide the shirts in the quilt) and the border.  If you live out of state,  you have two options:   
   1.  I can tell how much material to purchase.  The yardage of material will depend on how many shirts you want to put in your quilt.**
   2.  You can tell me what colors/design you had in mind, and I can get the fabric for you.
 
**NOTE: All material used must be 100% cotton.  A tiny wee bit of stretch is okay, but anything fluffy, excessively soft or stretchy will not work!! So no stretch soft t-shirt material!  Bottom line if you're buying fabric make sure its 100% cotton. **

  Once I get everything from you, I'll transform your t-shirts and the material into a beautifully pieced quilt top.
After the quilt top is complete, I take it to Crafty Cats Quilt Shop in Graceville, Florida.  The great folks at Crafty Cats will put it on their long arm quilting machine and quilt it up.   There are a variety of designs to choose from.   See the Quilting Design Blog Post for pics of some of the designs available. 

Once it is quilted, I'll pick it up and get it bound for you and returned back to you for you to enjoy.

Depending on the size, prices range from $150 - $250.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at joyleighlane@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment