Monday, July 9, 2012

Finding my Niche

My mom saved all my class t-shirts from elementary school... and every other shirt that I had some attachment too, in the hopes of one day making me a t-shirt quilt.   I stumbled across the stash of memorbilia during the last year in college and was excited by the idea of the t-shirt quilt and decided I needed to make it .... right then.  So.... myself, Mom and Dad all combined our skills and this was the result:



I'm not going to lie, making this quilt was a fiasco.  I got too eager, too fast and started cutting shirts without measuring them, and it took a great deal of finagling to make it work.  The quilt is HUGE!  Almost too big to even enjoy (in my opinion), but my roommates disagree, they love it and during the winter, I've come home to find them all curled up in.  It's a great conversation piece and I have a story for each one of these shirts.   Many friends have been over the house, or seen pictures of my t-shirt quilt and wanted one.  Over the past few years I've become more comfortable with T-Shirt quilt making and actually really enjoy making t-shirt quilts.  

If you have shirts that you want made into a t-shirt quilt.  Contact me, I'd love to help you preserve those memories and keep you warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment