Monday, July 9, 2012

How it all started...

I started sewing when I was about seven years old.  Both my grandmothers sewed.  My mom still sews.  I'll never forget that my Nanny (my Dad's mom) was always working on some sort of quilt.  I remember whenever we would go visit her in Tennessee, we would arrive and she'd be sitting on the end of the couch, working on her latest project waiting for us to get there.  My Granny (Mom's mom) made dresses and all sorts of things.  My mom had patience and showed me how to first sew by hand, and then on the machine.  I was very very independent (she may prefer "stubborn", however I prefer strong willed) so as soon as my Mom showed me how to do something just once, I thought I was ready to do it all on my own.  I insisted on learning things the hard way.  I'm now 27 years old and still love sewing of all sorts.  A special thanks to my Mom, Dad, Granny, Nanny for all the inspiration, creative genes, patience, love and encouragement which has allowed me to be crafty!  Through this blog I hope to share with you my love for quilts, crafts and various sewing projects. 

1 comment:

  1. Remember the Quilt squares we made with Mrs. Bobbi in GS?? :o)

    ReplyDelete