Monday, July 9, 2012

Jones School of Law

Many of you know, but for those of you that don't know, I'm about to start my third and final year of law school.  I've been so blessed to meet so many wonderful people so far at Jones.  I've been involved with some amazing student organizations, traveled to lots of cool places and made memories that will last a lifetime... oh yeah, and I've collected a shirt from almost ever single event/trip! 

I had two friends graduate this past May from Jones.  One was the SBA President who bought a shirt from any and every organization that sold one and was involved with the Advocacy program at the school  Before he hopped in his car to head back to New Jersey, he dropped off a garbage bag full of all his shirts.  He had 22 shirts in all.  As you can see, I can spilt a square between two shirts to make room for more shirts and without wasting space in the quilt. 


I chose to do the sashing and border in the school colors.  We used a bright royal Faulkner blue for the inside sashing and a white thin inside border, with a navy blue outside border.  The backing was navy blue, and it was quilted in white thread. 

  Another quilt was for one of the amazing girls I had the honor of getting to know in the advocacy program.  She had lots of shirts from all the trips and competitions she had gone on, so her quilt was just as big.  She wanted a patriotic/American/law school themed fabric. 



We looked high and low and she decided she loved the firework fabric for the inside sashing.  We went with a thin black inside border and then an outside Purple border (not sure why it looks blue in the picture, but its defiantly purple!)   If you look in the center, you can see that one square can be made from 4 pocket logos from the front of shirts. 

If you'd like to clear out a drawer or a corner of your closet filled with t-shirts you don't wear, but you just can't stand to part with, send them to me, let me help you preserve your memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment